Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Chip's lunch: April 8, 2010

One of my friends from California mentioned a burrito in her facebook status yesterday. It wasn't just any burrito, though. It was a burrito from Super Taqueria (or "Super Taq"). These burritos are not very good for you. But...they are extremely cheap, they're full of good stuff, they come with all the fresh salsa you can eat, and they are authentically Mexican (as approved by some visiting co-workers from Mexico last year). I used to eat one for lunch often: pinto beans, cheese, tons of avocado, and lots of salsa for under $3!

So I decided to make some burritos for tonight's dinner. I sauteed some garlic in olive oil, then added about a tablespoon of cumin, a teaspoon of chili powder, some sea salt, and a can of organic black beans (rinsed). I simmered til the beans started to fall apart. We put the beans on the tortillas and added some local cheddar/jack cheese. Then we microwaved for a few seconds so it would all be nice and melty. We threw in some veggies and YUM! These were amazing. This is a lunch of leftovers, but I know Chip is really going to love it.

Also, I took this photo on the deck this evening while it was still light out. I think it looks much better than a photo taken with a flash at 11 pm in my kitchen.



Organic medium salsa, avocado, two flour tortillas, organic black beans, organic fair trade 55% dark chocolate with almonds, organic flame raisins, organic Michigan applesauce, local Cheddar/jack cheese, organic redleaf lettuce, and diced Campari tomatoes.

1 comment:

  1. Natural light is always better - I love that the days are longer now! Makes for better photo opportunities =)

    ReplyDelete