Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Chip's lunch: June 2, 2010

So remember back in the day, when I said that Chip and I would pay a lot of money for vegetarian chicken tenders that taste like Burger King's? We've found them. And they're available at Costco, so we don't even have to pay a lot of money. We're on our second huge bag of these Gardein 7-Grain Crispy Tenders and are loving them. They're low in fat, high in protein, and super convenient.

Also, I'd like to draw your attention to the salad below. You can't see it at all, but I promise it's there: lettuce that I grew in our backyard! On a whim a few weeks ago, I bought a little tray of tiny Bibb lettuce sprouts. This lettuce has grown out of control to the point that I've even given some away to friends. It was totally a worthwhile investment (just $2)! I just planted some more seeds so we can have more lettuce later in the summer. Yum!

Sometime soon I'll have to post about our garden. This is my first year having a garden and I'm determined to do it right. We are attempting to grow: watermelon, strawberries, green beans, Bibb lettuce, some other kind of lettuce (I don't know what kind it is, but it looks delicious), Roma tomatoes, and basil. Everything is in pots at the moment, and we're hoping that this weekend is when we'll finally get our raised beds built.



Gardein 7-Grain Crispy Tenders, local Ohio honey, organic Michigan applesauce, organic fair trade milk chocolate, organic Sultana golden raisins, steamed broccoli with local butter and sea salt, and a salad with organic redleaf lettuce, organic homegrown Bibb lettuce, Campari tomato, organic peas, and organic corn. I included a little cup of hummus separately as salad dressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment