Tuesday, June 21, 2011

My lunch: June 20, 2011

This weekend, just as I was leaving the farmers' market, I noticed a vendor I hadn't seen before. He was selling green stuff in a baggie...and no, despite Clintonville's hippie reputation, it wasn't pot. They were sprouts! I'd been searching for pea shoots for months, maybe over a year, and had had no luck finding them. Chip's mom got some at her local organic market, and served them to us on a salad. We had them again at basi italia on their version of the caprese salad (their house made mozzarella, pea shoots, pesto, and tomatoes). I have finally found them again and am so excited. Not only are they super nutrient-dense, they have a mild flavor and fun texture that add a neat twist to a salad.



Lemon asparagus penne, organic pear, raw almonds, dark chocolate with caramel and sea salt, lemon raspberry scone, and a
salad with local organic salad mix, organic sunflower seeds, organic mushrooms, local pea shoots, and Campari tomato.

2 comments:

  1. Note to self: Do NOT visit the veg lunchbox blog before bed. It always makes me so hungry!:)Great job (as per usual). :)

    -Meg

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am in total agreement with the above comment. i am so friggin addicted to this website. new job starts next week, and i'm so stoked to be bringing my lunch!

    ReplyDelete